Monarch Conservation

Monarch Conservation Facebook

Monarch Conservation Website

It's a wonderful thing to see so many people stepping up to help the Monarch population. I've been involved in my own conservation efforts for about 8 yrs now and there has been a slow and steady decline in population over that period. Last year I saw one or two at the most but I never saw a caterpillar or egg. 
As wonderful as it is when people step up, the sad truth in our culture is that we never focus on preventive issues. We stand by and wait for an issue to arise and then spring into action. There are so many unreported events around the world, from dying sea life to polluted waters. If we are to be aware of the world around us, we must take the time to look beyond the mainstream media and research the truth for ourselves. Join with like minded people and be not affraid to speak up or stand out.

My somewhat cynical view is just a reflection of what I see on a daily basis. If a large corporation could profit from rebuilding the Monarch population, I'm sure, this time next year, there numbers would be pushed to a state of "over abundance". With my opinion noted, I'm excited for what this years efforts will produce and I hope this trend continues for many years to come.

“The volume of your impacts is measured by the direction of your movements, the passion with which you inspire and the attitudes by which you make an influence!”
― Israelmore Ayivor

Comments