The best quality budget mountain bike around




Men's Forge Sawback Hard-Tail 5xx Mountain Bike - 19"




This is an Amazon store front - the products referenced on this site are manufactured and sold by parties other than Southern Indiana Trails

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great Bike

Reviewer: Grant (Michigan) See all my reviews

I just got this bike as a B-day gift. I am amazed at the quality! Assembly was quick. All the research I did said this is the best bike one can get for the $$$. I called the support line to insure proper assembly - they were great. Off for my 1st long test ride - super excited!

**NOTE ** the values used to inflate the tires are "Presta" valves. (super cool - trick - high pressure values found on high-end bikes). If you have a regular tire pump, or an older tire pump, you'll need the "Schrader" valve adapter. You can get that at any bike store for around $1.

Would recommend 100%



July 24, 2008

5 stars
X Marks the Spot

Reviewer: HillBillEnigma "Vince in TN" (Appalachian American) See all my reviews

I recently purchased the Sawback 5XX after a long search for an entry level Mountain Bike with quality parts.

If you are a researcher, I mean a real - detail hunting, time logging, choice narrowing researcher and like me you have been looking for a quality Mountain Bike that won't break the bank - then you have found the X that marks the Spot for MTB treasure. This Bike is component heavy with name brand parts and solid construction.

If "Some Assembly Required" are not words that normally send you into a panic then you will be fine with putting together this Bike. I took my time and had no problems - and I am NO mechanic. Plenty of assembly assistance is available online on various websites and through Phone Support via FORGE.

I would highly recommend this Bike to someone looking for his/her first "Real" Mountain Bike or a more experienced rider who is seeking an entry level HardTail just for fun.




May 25, 2008

5 stars
Sawback 5xx and Devon CM + Customer Service = AWESOME DEAL

Reviewer: Bike Happy "Brad D" (Miami, Fl) See all my reviews

We recently purchased 2 bikes from Forge (Sawback 5xx and Devon Cm) I knew just from doing my research that these bikes where not going to be "Your ordinary Department Store Bikes". Right out of the box these Bikes immediately exceeded our expectations. From the Components down to the assembly, Everything has been great. There was only one issue with our purchase: The Devon CM had a warped crank. After a call to customer service( Thanks again Mike) I took the bike to a LBS to verify that it was indeed a warped crank, informed Mike and a new one was sent out right away. I was able to replace the crank myself, however if this was not possible, Forge had offered to cover all costs. Great Buy, Amazing Customer Service. Thanks Again!!!


May 16, 2008

5 stars
An amazing value and great service from Forge

Reviewer: G. Jones (SoCal USA) See all my reviews

Real Name

Forge Bikes puts together a unbelievable MTB for the price. Name brand components on a tough 6061 Aluminum, frame made by Giant. Check the reviews on the 'net and the full specs at forgebikes.com and see for yourself. This is not a department store bike by any means - it comes from Forge Bikes with online sales and shipping thru Target.com.

I've had the Sawback 5xx for over a month now and love it. Had to contact Forge for a small part and all I can say is the personal customer support and follow up from Anne and Mike at Forge was nothing short of amazing.



April 27, 2008

5 stars
Not your normal Department store bike

Reviewer: nddillon (The KY) See all my reviews

This is definately not your normal department store bike, this bike has an absurd amount of quality components. This is by far the best bang for your buck. Although I would recommend taking to your LBS (Local Bike Shop) and having them reassemble much of the drive train. Whoever puts these together is high! That will set you back about another $45. Better pedals, bar ends, odometer and you have a $800 bike for barely over $400.


October 9, 2007

5 stars
FORGE BIKES = A++ !!

Reviewer: YZINGERR (Fremont, CA) See all my reviews

I got my FORGE 5xx 19" a few weeks ago and have been ecstatic ever since! Right off of the bat, these bikes come with top grade components, at a price that you CANNOT beat! If you doubt this bike at all, dont.. it really is as good as it looks!
During my set-up of the bike, I stripped out the caliper mount bolt on the fork leg. I called FORGE inquiring about my little mishap, and Mike at FORGE told me they would send out a new lower leg. [...] I have been impressed with the product from day 1, and FORGE's customer service is TOP NOTCH!! Buy their bikes, you WILL NOT be dissapointed!



October 8, 2007

5 stars
Awesome buy, Awesome service from Forge!!! A+++

Reviewer: hulkster (North Texas) See all my reviews

I've had the 19" 5xx for over a year now, and am now able to handle intermediate/advanced trails on this bike with no problems (at least with the bike :o). This bike has seen some pretty nasty spills, and it just keeps going with just the normal maintenance routine. All the "hardcore" riders I've ridden with can't believe I [paid so little] for it. The reason i'm writing this review now is during a particularly challenging ride last week, I hit a rock with my rear derraileur (sp?) and the hanger bolt broke (like it's supposed to). One call the Forge service and they're sending me a new one at no charge, expedited shipping included! If you're new to MTB'ing or even experienced, you cannot beat this deal...Forge rocks! (thanks for the great service, Mike!)



August 21, 2007

5 stars
Awesome

Reviewer: Joyu (Chico, CA) See all my reviews

Got this bike last week, and went biking on some trails over the weekend, the bike was awesome, and my friend that had a similarly priced Trek wishes he had gotten this instead! Can't beat the price for the components included.



June 18, 2007

5 stars
Great bike, better price

Reviewer: New bike mom "E.E." (Bend, Or USA) See all my reviews

This is the first bike I have purchased in 20 years. It is super easy to get back into riding and is a wonderful bike. Smooth shifting, good braking and lots of gear options in the hills. We had some trouble with the assembly and Forge not only found a bike shop close to us to assemble it, but they paid for it as well! That is what we call customer service. All phone calls have been promptly returned and even returned when no message was left! My husband is buying a bike at the end of the summer and We are absolutely going with another Forge.



June 5, 2007

5 stars
No Department store bike

Reviewer: Jeepinmike "Mike" (Buffalo NY) See all my reviews

The Forge 5xx is not a 'department store' bike. This is a high quality, well optioned, and excellently priced bike. A quick search on similarly optioned bikes would show that the 5xx is price well below other bikes in its class. The bike rides great on the trail and the street. Forge's service is right inline with there products, high quality. If you were to have a question, (unlikely) problem, or just want to talk about Forge bikes they are very helpful, responsive, and friendly. You can't go wrong with a Forge bike.

Comments