Evansville's bike route is..........

Beginning ?



Ok, maybe I'm just not an optimist when it comes to anything recreational when it comes to Evansville.
I was traveling down Kentucky avenue today and noticed the big green fancy signs that adorn the curb about every 200 feet or so.

First of all, if I'm correct, this has been on the back burner for 30
plus years. According to the city of Evansville, they are looking to add more lanes as time goes on and are devoted to the project.

That makes me feel better, how about you ?
Unless the new stadium interferes with this huge scale recreational production, I really do hope to see something come of this in
the next 30 years. As of this writing, the bike lanes are basically placed on some of the wider and less used roads and the streets are painted with
a bicycle and some arrows.

I'm glad that they at least have that much established, prior to that you just saw people riding in circles because they had no direction.
Thank goodness for those signs.

I think all they need now is to do now is find some actual riders for this fancy new route and it should be an amazing success.

Oh, I almost forgot.
Quoting a recent comment I read in the paper:

“I've also found that most drivers will give you a break if you're on a bike”.

We are referring to bones, right ?
I’ve stated before in other stories about bikes in Evansville,
if you lower your guard, you are as good as injured. I have never ridden anywhere in this town where I was not in the way of the drivers. Especially in this town where everyone is
is in a mad hurry to be everywhere (right now).

They don’t have time to be annoyed by a bicyclist that is in their way and does not belong on the road with the cars.

Comments